The best way to hire a debt collection agency is to:
- Get recommendations from other businesses. Ask your colleagues, suppliers, and other business owners for recommendations for debt collection agencies that they have used and had good experiences with.
- Do your research online. Read reviews of different debt collection agencies on websites like Google, Yelp, and the Better Business Bureau.
- Contact several agencies for quotes. Get quotes from several different agencies so that you can compare their fees and services.
- Ask about the agency’s experience and success rate. How long have they been in business? What industries do they specialize in? What is their success rate for collecting debts?
- Make sure the agency is licensed and bonded in your state. You can check your state’s Secretary of State’s website to verify the agency’s licensing status.
Here are some specific questions you should ask potential debt collection agencies:
- What are your fees?
- What is your success rate for collecting debts?
- What industries do you specialize in?
- What is your process for collecting debts?
- How will you communicate with my debtors?
- How will you keep me updated on the collection process?
It is also important to make sure that you are comfortable with the agency’s approach to debt collection. Some agencies use more aggressive tactics than others. You should choose an agency that you feel comfortable working with and that you believe will treat your debtors fairly.
Once you have chosen a debt collection agency, you should sign a contract that outlines the terms of your relationship. The contract should specify the agency’s fees, services, and how you will be kept updated on the collection process.
Here are some additional tips for hiring a debt collection agency in your state:
- Make sure the agency is familiar with local debt collection laws.
- Choose an agency that has a good reputation and a track record of success.
- Get everything in writing, including the agency’s fees, services, and how you will be kept updated on the collection process.
By following these tips, you can hire a local debt collection agency that will help you collect your debts quickly and efficiently.
At New World Collections we are experts in all aspects of bad debt recovery. We have the answers! Contact Us