5 Secrets to choosing the right debt collection agency
January 17th, 2016 by New World Collections
Choosing the right debt collection service for your business can be a difficult task. Since collection agencies play a part in representing your business and the image you hold in the public eye, there are some specifics you need to ask them to know you are making the right choice.
Here are some suggestions to assure you are hiring the right debt collection agency:
1) Ask if they are insured, licensed, and bonded. If so, request a copy of each
2) Ask if they are affiliated with any reputable industry trade organization
such as the American Collectors Association. This requires agencies to
abide by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
3) Ask to review the debt collection letters they mail on your behalf. You need to
be assured their letters are firm but not threatening.
4) Ask for testimonial letters from satisfied clients. Any reputable debt collection
service should be able to supply these upon request.
5) Ask if they belong to the local Better Business Bureau chapter. If so, look them up
on the BBB website. If you find several complaints, that is a clear red flag.
Although there are many collection agencies that still give the industry a bad rap, your due diligence
of following these 5 tips should assure you are making the right choice for your business.
Comments are closed.